42nd Vodafone Istanbul Marathon When, Where & How Many Km & Elite Run in 2020 ?
42nd Vodafone Istanbul Marathon 2020
Thousands of people join to Vodafone Istanbul Marathon every year. When will the 42nd Istanbul Marathon start? What is the starting point of Marathon of Istanbul in 2020? You will find the answer in our post below.
When is the Istanbul Marathon ?
42nd Vodafone Marathon will be held in 8 November 2020. Marathon starts at 09:00 am on 8th of November 2020
How Many Km is the Istanbul Marathon ?
There will be 3 different distance & route at 42nd Marathon of Istanbul. They are 42 Km Run for pro and elite runners, 15 Km Run and 8 Km Fun Run also called public run.
How Long Istanbul Marathon Takes ?
42 Km Run starts at 09:00 am and takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes until finish line.
15 Km Run starts at 09:15 am and takes around 1 hours until finish line.
8 Km Vodafone Marathon Fun Run starts at 09:45 am.
The time limit for the Marathon 15Km Runners is 3 hours & 45 minutes, and 6 hours for 42 Km Runners . Run course will be open to car traffic after 13:00 and runners will continue to run on the sidewalks after that time.
Where is the 42nd Istanbul Marathon Starts Point ?
Vodafone Istanbul Marathon will start at the Bosphorus bridge as every year.
How Can You Reach to Vodafone Marathon Starting Point ?
Municipality of Istanbul organizes public buses to take participants of Vodafone Marathon to the starting point.
- Bus departure time for 42 Km and 15 Km Run from Taksim and Sultanahmet to the start point is at 07:00 - 07:30 am
- Bus departure time for 8 Km Fun Run and from Mecidiyekoy to the start point is at 07:30 - 08:20 am
- Luggage Bus departure time from Start Point to the Finish Points is at 08:30 am
Is Istanbul Marathon Free to Join ?
Marathon Registration Fee changes according to date. The earlier you apply, the lower the price will be. And there is a limit so you better register as early as possible.
Marathon Istanbul 8K Fun Run is free of charge to join.
Application Fees for Vodafone 42nd Vodafone Marathon for Turkish Citizens are;
- From 1st January 2020 until 31st July 2020 - 85 Turkish Liras
- From 1st August 2020 until 31st August 2020 - 100 Turkish Liras
- From 1st September 2020 until 31st September 2020 - 150 Turkish Liras
- From 1st October 2020 until 15th October 2020 - 200 Turkish Liras
Application Fees for Vodafone 42nd Marathon for Non-Turkish Citizens are;
- From 1st January 2020 until 31st August 2020 - 40 Euros
- From 1st September 2020 until 30th September 2020 - 60 Euros
- From 1st October 2020 until 15th October 2020 - 75 Euros
Vodafone Istanbul Marathon 42 Kilometers Run Program & Route Map
09.00 42Km Elite Race Starts
09.00 42Km Race Starts
11.15 Finish time for 42Km Run (Approximate)
12.00 42Km Run Award Ceremony in Sultanahmet
15.00 Finish time for 42Km Run in Sultanahmet ( for the last athlete, routes will be opened to traffic after this time)
2020 Vodafone Marathon 15 Kilometers Run Program & Route Map
09.45 Start of 8K Fun Run
09.58 Approximate Finish time for 15K Race Champion
12.00 42K General Classification Award Ceremony (in Sultanahmet)
13.00 Finish time for 15K (Yenikapi Meeting Area)
Vodafone Marathon 8 Km Fun Run Program & Route Map
The 42nd Vodafone Istanbul Fun Run starts at 09:45 am under Altunizade Bridge and finishes in Dolmabahce, between the Besiktas Inonu Stadium and the Dolmabahce Palace.
What is the Prize in Istanbul Marathon
- Winner prize for 42K Run of Vodafone Marathon is 50.000 US$
- Prize for athlete who finishes second is 25.000 US$
- Prize for 3rd athlete is 15.000 US$
- Prize for 4th athlete is 7.000 US$
- Prize for 5th athlete is 5.000 US$
- Prize for 6th athlete is 3.000 US$
- Prize for 7th athlete is 2.000 US$
- Prize for 8th athlete is 1.000 US$
What is the Average Weather in November for Istanbul Marathon ?
Average weather will be around 12-13 Celsius Degrees at the Start Point of the Marathon and around 16+17 Celsius Degrees at Finish PointStart.
How Many People Join to Istanbul Marathon Each Year ?
People from all round the world join to the Vodafone Marathon and it increases every year.
- 140 thousand people from 109 different countries joined to Istanbul Marathon in 2019.
- 100 thousand people participated in Vodafone Marathon 8km Fun Run last year.
- 52 Elite Marathon Athletes run in Marathon of Istanbul to win the grand prize in 2019
Be Prepared For The Marathon - What to Carry With You
Municipality of Istanbul will organize public bus to carry your bags (bus for bags only) from start to finish point, unless you want to run with your bag or you have someone with you. Your bag will be waiting for you in the luggage tent when you arrive at finish.
Last year around 30.000 people joined the 15K run and around 100.000 to 8K Fun Run. Imagine the crowd when you get there.
We highly suggest you to carry your valuables (at least try) with you during the Run. You might want to get yourself some special gears and carriers for the runners.
Where to Stay near Istanbul Marathon Finish Line ?
Finish line of the Marathon for both 15K and 42K runs will be in Sultanahmet area. It's best to stay somewhere near Sultanahmet center, Küçük Ayasofya, Kadirga or Beyazit regions to reach your hotel in a couple minutes of walk.
If you still didn't reserve your accommodation in Istanbul, you can check the popular hotels in Sultanahmet with Booking.com's Banner below.
Or you can have a look at our detailed Best Hotels in Sultanahmet Guide. Simply click on the image below to see our post where we listed the best hotels starting from budget hotels & apartments to Luxury stays in Istanbul.