Entry Requirements to Turkey for UK Citizens from November 2021
Entry Requirements to Turkey for British Citizens
In this post we will be answering the most frequently asked questions about Entry Requirements to Turkey for UK Citizens, traveling and quarantine rules, which documents you need, and travel rules you need to follow when you fly back to the United Kingdom from the Republic of Turkey.
Entry Requirements to Turkey for UK Citizens from 22 September 2021
As you know, UK has changed the entry requirements. However, there is a lot of misinformation on the internet and we decided to inform you about the official travel rules to Turkey.
All the information you will find in this post is gathered from official websites of the Ministry of Turkey, www.gov.uk, and the travel restrictions section of Turkish airlines.
But we suggest you check with your transportation company for the latest updates.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER TURKEY FOR BRITISH CITIZENS
- Passengers who are fully vaccinated can travel to Turkey without submitting a PCR Test.
- Passengers who are not vaccinated are required to submit a PCR test with a negative result taken within a maximum of 72 hours before entry.
- RNA and Nucleic acid tests will be accepted as well as PCR tests to enter Turkey.
- Passengers under the age of 12 are exempted from the PCR/Antigen test and submit a certificate of the vaccine.
- The requirements shall not apply for the transfer passengers from international line to international line.
- The aircraft crew, seamen, and truck drivers shall be exempted from PCR testing and application of quarantine.
- Passengers are required to fill in the online Entry Form within 72 hours prior to their flight.
You can read this video to learn how to fill the entrance form for Turkey.
A printout copy or mobile screenshot of the completed entry form shall be checked at the airport counters before the flight.
After completing the entry form to Turkey, the system will assign you a HES code which you will need during your visit to Turkey.
You will need HES CODE if you want to enter closed areas or travel by public transportation.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FROM TURKEY TO UK
If you are fully vaccinated,
- You no longer need to take the PCR test for traveling back to the UK from Turkey.
- You need to book and pay for your 2nd day Covid test before you travel to the UK
- Everyone aged 18 years and over (16 and over if returning to Scotland) must complete a UK passenger locator form online on Uk government website any time within the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK.
If you are not vaccinated;
- You need to take PCR Test within 72 hours before traveling to the UK from Turkey.
- You need to book and pay for your 2nd and 8th day Covid tests.
- You need to fill the UK Passenger Locator Form.
- You need to stay in home quarantine for 10 days.
So here is more brief information;
- If you are fully vaccinated and if you want to travel to Turkey; only need to fill online Entrance Form for Turkey.
- On the way back to the UK; you only need to book and pay for your 2nd day Covid test before you travel back to the UK.
If you don’t have the vaccination, you need to provide a negative PCR test result within 72 hours before you travel back to the UK, and you need to book your 2nd and 8th day Covid 19 tests, so you can fill the UK passenger locater form, and stay in home quarantine for 10 days.
Video: Entry Requirements to Turkey for UK Citizens from 22 September 2021